Dollywood’s National Southern Gospel & Harvest Celebration is back for another season! Celebrating autumn with a series of free concerts and amazing craft demonstrations, this popular festival is one of the highlights of fall in the Smokies. Read on for everything you need to know about the event and our Pigeon Forge cabins near Dollywood.
(See Also: Why Should You Spend Fall in the Great Smoky Mountains?)
Harvest Celebration Dates and Location
The Harvest Celebration runs from September 22 through November 1, 2014. All of the events will be held at the Dollywood theme park, located at 2700 Dollywood Parks Blvd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863.
Harvest Celebration Crafters
During the Harvest Celebration, craftsmen and artisans from around the country come to Dollywood to share their talents with visitors. Guests will even have the chance to purchase handmade goods made right before their eyes. Here are just a handful of the crafts that will be demonstrated this year:
National Southern Gospel Concert Series
If you love gospel music, you don’t want to miss the Harvest Celebration! Dollywood will host over 300 concerts from some of today’s most popular gospel performers. Featured guests include:
The Crist Family
Karen Peck & New River
The Kingdom Heirs
All of the concerts are included with the price of admission. To see when your favorite artist is visiting the theme park, check out the schedule on the official Dollywood.
Pigeon Forge Cabins Near Dollywood
When you stay at one of these cabins close to Dollywood, you’ll only be a few minutes away from all of the fun at the Harvest Celebration:
1. Dolly’s Dream is less than one mile from Dollywood! Located at the Golf View Resort, guests at this two bedroom log townhouse will have access to indoor and outdoor pools. With room for up to eight people, this cabin really is a dream come true.
2. Smoky Bear is also located at the scenic Golf View Resort. Equipped with a gas grill and an outdoor patio table, this two bedroom cabin has everything you need to enjoy a cookout after a fun day at Dollywood. Kids will never be bored at Smoky Bear with video games, air hockey, and WiFi.
3. Cabin Fever is a two bedroom cabin with space for eight guests. Also part of the Golf View Resort, this gorgeous vacation rental features deluxe amenities including a sound system, hand painted murals, two fireplaces, and a private hot tub.
4. Lucky Logs is a beautifully designed townhouse with two master suites. Each suite comes with a private bathroom, an oversized Jacuzzi tub, and a flat-screen television. You will absolutely love this cabin’s resort setting and incredible location.
5. A Mountain Endeavor is just minutes away from Dollywood, outlet shopping, movie theaters, and so much more. When you’re not out and about, you can spend some time taking in scenic ridge top views and enjoying this cabin’s large game room, complete with air hockey and foosball.
6. Camelot is a three level, two bedroom log cabin located in Alpine Mountain Village. Complete with a picnic pavilion and walking trails along a peaceful creek, this resort is only a mile from the Parkway. Guests at Camelot can’t get enough of the upstairs loft with a mini-basketball hoop, billiards, and other entertainment.
7. Golfer’s Getaway is perfect for anyone looking to spend some time at Dollywood and on the links. Right around the corner from the Gatlinburg Golf Course, this three bedroom cabin has room for up to 12 people. There is nothing like watching the sunset while sitting in a rocking chair on this cabin’s front porch!
8. Hidden Treasure certainly lives up to its name! This excellent two bedroom cabin comes with its own private gazebo and a beautiful stream. Guests will be within walking distance from the Parkway and just a short drive from Dollywood. Hidden Treasure is also pet-friendly, so your furry family member can join you on vacation too.
We can’t wait to see you in the Smokies this fall!