The Smokies are starting to warm up for the summer, and there’s no better place to stay cool than Dollywood’s Splash Country! This May, the South’s favorite water park opens it doors for another season filled with exhilarating rides and plenty of wet and wild family fun. To help you make the most of your vacation, we’ve put together a convenient guide with everything you need to know about the best water park attraction in Pigeon Forge.
(See Related: New Pigeon Forge Show Will Capture Your Imagination)
When is Splash Country open?
Dollywood’s Splash Country kicks off the 2014 season on Saturday May 17. The park will remain open throughout the summer and close on September 1. Here is a summary of this season’s hours:
- May 17- 18, May 24 – June 13: park open from 10:00 a.m – 6:00 p.m.
- June 14 – August 3: park open from 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- August 4 – 17, 23 – 24, 30 – 31, and September 1: park open from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Splash Country closes in the event of thunderstorms or other severe weather, so it’s a good idea to call ahead if the forecast isn’t looking great. You can reach Dollywood at 1-800-365-5996.
Splash Country is right next door to the Dollywood theme park. You’ll find the water park at 2700 Dollywood Parks Blvd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863.
What can I expect at Splash Country?
Dollywood’s Splash Country features all of your favorite water rides, including slides, wave pools, play areas, lazy rivers, and more. Here are a few of the park’s highlights:
- RiverRush is the park’s newest ride! This thrilling water coaster is chock full of twists, turns, and tunnels, so you never know what’s coming next.
- Fire Tower Falls is Splash Country’s tallest water slide. Prepare for a 70 foot drop that will leave you screaming the whole way down!
- Downbound Float Trip is the perfect place to take a break from the slides. Hop in an inner tube for a relaxing ride down the park’s 1,500 foot lazy river.
- Big Bear Plunge is one of the park’s best group rides. Your whole family will sit together in a raft that slips and slides down a flume filled with water and waves.
One easy way to get the most out of a single day admission is to arrive in the late afternoon. Anyone who comes to the park after 3:00 p.m. can come back the next day for free!
If you plan on visiting Splash Country for two or more full days during your vacation, purchasing a season pass is a great way to save money. The season pass costs less than the price of two daily admissions and comes with a number of other benefits including a $5 discount for friends and family visiting the park, $3 off admission to the Dixie Stampede dinner show, and other special discounts. You can learn more about season passes on the official Dollywood website.
There is also a special Splash Country Gold Season Pass, which gets you free parking and 20% off of food and merchandise. We recommend purchasing just one Gold Season Pass because you only need one card holder in your family to take advantage of the special Splash Country discounts.
If you don’t purchase a Gold Season Pass, you can save money on parking by riding the Pigeon Forge trolley right to the park. Just leave your car at the Patriot Park trolley station at 186 Old Mill Avenue in Pigeon Forge and hop on the Dollywood trolley for just 50 cents per person!
Dollywood’s Splash Country offers discounts for groups of 15 or more people and for special school, company, or travel outings. Active or retired military personnel and their families get 30% off admission with a valid military ID. Also, AAA members can get $4 admission when they buy their tickets on the official AAA website.
Where should I stay?
Top Cabin Rentals is just minutes away from this water park attraction in Pigeon Forge! We offer the very best resort amenities including gorgeous mountain views, indoor and outdoor pools, and easy access to golf courses and fishing streams. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is always ready to help you plan your perfect stay in the Smokies. To find the right vacation rental for your family, visit our Pigeon Forge Cabins page.