There are only a few weeks left of Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas, and if you’re planning a trip there here’s everything you need to know!
1. The Shows
The Christmas season at Dollywood brings out some of the most heartwarming and fun shows of the year! There are several places throughout the park that have grand show performances and other smaller, intimate ones.
Some fan favorites:
- It’s a Wonderful Life, this show is based on the timeless classic story about love and generosity with beautiful music and dancing bringing the plot together.
- Twas the Night Before Christmas, a common Christmas story with a spin. In this show, an unlikely stranger with a white beard helps a family discover a Christmas miracle.
- The MistleTones, are an acapella group. They will put a bright and merry twist on your favorite holiday songs. You’ll enjoy their singing so much, you’ll probably feel the need to sing along!
- Christmas in the Smokies is a heartwarming performance of classic holiday tunes performed by Dollywood’s talented group of singers. They will sing everything from classic Christmas hymns to jolly tunes for kids that will have everyone tapping their toes and singing along.
2. The Rides
Dollywood has been presented with several awards over the last year for its rides. They have roller coasters that will give you butterflies for the adrenaline seekers, and gentle rides for those that like to take it easy.
- The Wild Eagle roller coaster
- Blazing Fury coaster
- The Dollywood Express
- Lightning Rod
- And many more!
3. The Parade of Many Colors
The Parade of Many Colors will dazzle you with the floats, the bright Christmas lights, and the dancers. This parade is soaked in holiday cheer and sure to make you smile while watching it. Along with the parade, Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas puts on a grand display all over the park with over 4 million Christmas lights! Be sure to check out the dazzling 12-foot tree on the water that is lit up with amazing colors that stand high above the sky. As you stroll through the park, you will notice how each land tells a seasonal story through unique and vibrant hues.
What to Know and Bring with You:
- Weekends are extremely popular! So expect longer wait times for rides and traffic inside and outside the park.
- It costs money to park.
- Wear weather-appropriate clothing and make sure to bundle up! Just because it doesn’t rain or snow the night you go, doesn’t mean it won’t be cold. Many nights in December reach the lower thirties.
- You can bring water or snacks into the park if you have small children.
- Tacky holiday sweaters are acceptable to wear here.
So you know all the high points of visiting Dollywood’s Smoky Mountain Christmas, but do you know the best place to stay? Top Cabin Rentals has cozy cabins located just minutes away from Dollywood. We offer properties with indoor pool access, fireplaces, hot tubs, full kitchens, and plushy furniture. Everything you need in a cabin and everything you want after spending the cold evening having fun at Dollywood!